Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
vortexbox w/3 squeezeslaves defined loses first on reboot or renames it to ... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vortexbox w/3 squeezeslaves defined loses first on reboot or renames it to ...

this is a stock rack mount vortexbox from small green that was reloaded fresh about a week ago.

No extensions have been loaded (the sonos issue i have posted about is on another system)

in Configure VortexBox Player I have 3 players defined
    Player1 hw:1,0
    Player2 hw:2,0
    Player3 hw:3,0

which relate to the motherboard analog out, and 2 usb as seen in the ALSA device list below

ALSA device list

0 [Generic ]: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic
    HD-Audio Generic at 0xfeb44000 irq 45
    1 [SB ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
    HDA ATI SB at 0xfeb40000 irq 16
    2 [Device ]: USB-Audio - USB Sound Device
    C-Media INC. USB Sound Device at usb-0000:00:13.0-1, full speed
    3 [Device_1 ]: USB-Audio - USB Sound Device
    C-Media INC. USB Sound Device at usb-0000:07:00.0-2, full speed

The ONLY changes to this system has been the copying of music from another NAS into a new directory
    \\vortexbox\files\music\gzimported

and a full rescan which was run from the Logitech Media Server Basic Settings tab.

On one reboot the Player1 did not appear in the Media Player pull down.
    On the latest reboot it is appearing with the following name: Music Player Daemon 0.17~git from 00:04:20:8d:f3:e0

Music Player Daemon 0.17~git from 00:04:20:8d:f3:e0
    Player Model: Squeezeslave
    Player IP Address: 127.0.0.1
    Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:8d:f3:e0

Player2
    Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:bf:a4:79

Player3
    Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:28:36:ec

Mine does the same thing when I use my Tablet/phone with the logitech squeezebox app to control the LMS.

Comment

I am using select player name in the RTI driver.
      I could use select player number except this would not help in the case where i have seen the first player appear then disappear as if the process is stopping/restarting.
      Maybe the mobo sound circuits are farkled.

Comment

No... its not the mobo. Its a process called mpd daemon. All you need to do is go into the Vortexbox Player configuration page http://vortexbox/vortexbox-player.php and click on submit once.

Comment

that of course was done a week ago when I initially re-loaded the system from the iso.

this needs to be done again after a reboot?

i'll give it a whack and a reboot just for sh!ts and grins

<edit> as far as i can tell the .conf files that this makes are correct <edit>

Comment

Yes, it gets reset when you reboot the vortexbox. The mpd daemon process is what changes it. Its an undocumented product feature.

Comment

WTF? a reboot breaks the naming of the players?

i'll be damned - after the submit and reboot it came up. if i reboot again it will be busted? really?!

Comment

had to reload the xp6 after this escapade. it would not control the vb correctly. must have cached up some bad data.

Comment

I have had to reset the XP series processors after making changes to the Vortexbox Player configuration pages.

Comment

modification to fix the naming issue?

include the rename players code from mpd_config.php into vortexbox-player start routine.
                    I also think the rename players could do a better job checking that the name command did the rename as desired.

Comment

Another Feature Request?

Comment

Yeah - fixing a bug is the new feature.

Comment

the way i found out that the system was messed up was when one of my guys was testing and noted that his virtual panel started showing information from one of the other players - without him touching anything. i didn't believe it until i saw it do it myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X