View Full Version : PS3 support
07-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Is Vortexbox supposed to support PS3 as it has DLNA, I see that Xbox is supposed to be supported. My vortexbox is detected by PS3 but cant see any media
Has anyone got PS3 working?
07-24-2009, 06:57 PM
ps3 should be working but I think there is a bug in userve the DLNA server we are using. For really good PS3 support use http://www.twonkymedia.com/
07-25-2009, 04:18 AM
thanks for the info, I do like Twonky however have only used it on windows which is a lot easier to install, will have to study more about LINUX or looks for some documentation on the internet
07-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks again for Vortexbox, this is a great app! Found instructions here for install of twonky you suggested
everything seems to work after following most instructions above
Here are some instructions for those that have no idea on how to install TWONKY using Linux specifically for Vortexbox, sorry I dont know what they are for as I have no idea but seemed to work for me several times after trying different commands
1. go to the Vortexbox IP address and go to Squeezecenter settings. Goto the ADVANCED tab, then select network. I changed the Squeezecenter Webserver Port to 9001 as Twonky uses 9000. Click apply
2. log into your Vortexbox as root. I used PUTTY.exe to get into it
3. just copy the bolded below then press enter
mkdir -p /usr/local/TwonkyVision
wget http://www.twonkyforum.com/uns.....-5.0.65.sh (http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/5.0.65/twonkymedia-i386-glibc-2.2.5-full-5.0.65.sh)
this should download the app then extract i think using
sudo chmod 777 twonkymedia-i386-glibc-2.2.5-full-5.0.65.sh
sudo chmod 755 twonkyserver
sudo nano twonkyserver
7. the above command will open some sort of editor. Look for lines
echo -n "Starting $TWONKYSRV ... "
8. replace $TWONKYSRV -D with $TWONKYSRV -D -ip 192.168.1.2 where 192.168.1.2 I used my IP address of my Vortexbox. Do a CTRL-W then ENTER which will save the file you just edited, dont know what that command does or the one below
sudo update-rc.d twonkyserver start 45 2 3 4 5 . stop 55 0 1 6
11. your Vortexbox should reboot, once its started back up you should be able to get to it by opening the standard Web Vortexbox then click the Squeezebox icon, since Squeezebox now uses the port 9000 this should open up. Configure Twonky as per normal
hope this helps people that have no idea like me. I dont know what the commands do but seems to at least do the install for me. Now I have Squeezecenter and a mediaserver for PS3 and other appliances running on my Vortexbox, fantastic
cheers again for such a great program
07-28-2009, 01:56 AM
I have VB streaming audio/video/images to my PS3 ok.
For some reason USHARE does not start at bootup I have to start it manually, I've not looked into why yet.
It doesn't transcode on the fly like Twonky, which limits the files types you can play on a PS3 to PS3 compatible (so not many!). OT: USHARE will feed images to a Sony Bravia TV KDL40W4500
It can take a few minutes for USHARE to start if you are sharing a large library. New items will only show after a service restart
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.